Please take this quiz
only after you have finished all other activities in this tutorial
Download Beginning Piano Quiz
Below is a web page equivalent to the beginning piano quiz.
1. How many keys
are on a full size piano?
2. When looking at the piano,
the first white key to the very left side is called what note?
3. How many letters are in the
4. When playing the piano each
finger is assigned a certain number. What finger is given number
5. When looking at the piano,
the white key to the very left of every group of three black keys is
6. When looking at the piano,
the white key to the very left of every group of two black keys is
7. When looking at the pedals
of the piano, what does the pedal to the very right do when you press
down on it while playing?
a) Shifts the hammer so it only
strikes one or two strings in the piano
b) Makes the notes sound "louder" by
sustaining all of them
c) Only sustains certain notes.
d) Makes each note silent
8. When playing the piano, the
left hands play notes in the ________ clef, while the right hand plays
notes in the _______ clef.
a) Alto, Treble
b) Bass, Tenor
c) Bass, Treble
d) Treble, Bass
9. When playing or building Major
scales, which pattern of whole and half steps should you follow?
10. When you play the notes C to D,
this is referred to as a ________ step.
c) Major 3rd
d) minor 3rd